Fire Station #15 Relocation & Adaptive Re-Use for School of Cinematic Arts Virtual Production Stage. USC
The original Los Angeles Fire Station #15 on Jefferson Boulevard located immediately north of the University of Southern California campus was designed by Orr, Palmee, Inslee and Huber and built in 1949. The modernist cast concrete structure was determined by SurveyLA to be a potential historic landmark. Unable to incorporate the building into the new residential complex, the University developed a program to relocate and reconstruct the building at a nearby site as part of the School of Cinemativc Arts. The Fire Station will sreve as a support building to a futrue virtual production stage as well as provide classroom and gallery space for the School’s programs.