Greystone Mansion & Firehouse Beverly Hills, California
Constructed in 1928 for Edward Doheny, Jr., The Greystone Mansion is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The extensive grounds and estate of over sixty rooms in 46,000 square feet was dedicated in 1971 as a Beverly Hills city park and serves a wide variety of events. Kaplan Chen Kaplan provided architectural services for a new catering kitchen to serve the large gatherings that assemble on site. To further utilize the extensive set of rooms and decorative spaces throughout the complex, we also designed a new concealed mechanical system throughout the building, new bathrooms in the adjacent Firehouse and rehabilitation of the Greenhouse and related spaces. Greystone Mansion can now more effectively serve both public and private uses.